For more than 30 years, Quicken, the leading personal money management software, has been the trusted financial management solution for millions of customers. Our mission is to help individuals and families lead healthy financial lives.
We are going through a transformation with a renewed focus on product improvement, growth, and customer satisfaction. We are working on a strategy to deliver an awesome personal finance experience to our customers, allowing them the ability to access and manage their financial lives anywhere, anytime, and on any device. This is a unique opportunity to join the Quicken software development team on its journey to extend its current flagship desktop products, as well as build new mobile and web offerings. And, these offerings are powered by a highly capable cloud and data platform.
Come join the Quicken Team as a Group Development Manager in our Bangalore office. In this role, you’ll be managing our flagship Windows desktop product, and the build out of new mobile offerings for iOS & Android platforms. This is a unique opportunity whereby you’ll manage a product that has a large loyal customer base, while building new offerings that will attract fresh customers. You’ll need to lead talented engineering teams, and partner with business stakeholders to deliver capabilities thru products that will delight our customers.
- Be a combination of software engineering, people management, and project management capabilities.
- Strong leadership qualities. Leads from the front balancing the priorities of customers, employees, and shareholders.
- Hire, grow, and retain the right talent for the organization. Able to lead both individual contributors and managers.
- Owning the E2E software lifecycle of products responsible for: defining, designing, development, testing, production, and post-production follow-up. Deliver on-time with high quality.
- Partner with Business, Technology, and Care stakeholders to prioritize engineering roadmap & requirement, while balancing business need with resource and technology constraints.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately to multiple stakeholders on project progress, schedule, resourcing, constraints, and risks. Drive trade-offs and decisions involving the right stakeholders.
- Handle important customer escalations. Able to analyze the problem correctly from customer perspective, and deploy right solutions.
- Contribute to other technology teams, beyond assigned areas of responsibility, especially during critical situations.
- Be open to new ideas and embrace change that can lead to better outcomes.
- Leader of the team - ensure team members are engaged, motivated, and committed to the organization.
- Partner with the leader of the Bangalore site in driving strategy and shaping the culture of the organization.
- Successful track record of delivering high quality software products. Experience with consumer products will be particularly helpful.
- 10+ years of experience in leading high performing software engineering teams. Able to lead both individual contributors and managers.
- Technically competent, someone who has come up the ranks thru hands-on software development. Able to make meaningful contribution during technical discussions, sound understanding of good software architecture and design principles, and can make right technical decisions.
- Experience with development in Windows and Mobile platforms will be a plus. Familiarity with cloud technologies is desirable.
- Very effective communication skills, both written and verbal. Can communicate at multiple levels, including in a geographically distributed environment.
- Good project management skills – planning, scheduling, risk management, and resource allocation.
- Strong business acumen – able to solve for customer while balancing technology requirements.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies.