- Reviewing all new onscreen copy for grammar, spelling and adherence to Quicken style standards.
- Updating and maintaining the in-product help system (Qwin, Qmac) and getting started guides.
- Copyediting all release notes (Qwin, Qmac, Mobile)
- Working with design team on new features—copy, introductory materials, on-boarding tours, etc.
- Collaborating with PM and Design on the creation/copying editing of content used in beta testing (task scripts and surveys)
- Working on special initiatives such as:
- Project Q copy standardization effort (Qwin)
- Error message copy review and update (Qwin, Qmac)
- Collaborating with marketing on the copyediting and creation of (this is not expected to be a “Brand” or “Campaign” copywriter in the agency sense):
- Customer emails (offers, alerts and other customer communications).
- Promotional web site copy (especially copy related to the describing the customer benefit of new or existing features—a writer/editor and Quicken SME)
- Creation of scripts for "How To” Videos.
- Creation of other “How To” or “what’s new” content posted in the marketing site context.
Collaborating with Care on the copyediting and/or creation of:
- FAQs and other customer-facing support content (web) for new features and product enhancements as they are released.
- FAQs and other customer-facing support content (web) in response to known issues or “hot” issues that arise due to bugs, customer feedback, etc.
- Reviewing/copyediting communications sent to customers in the Quicken Beta community.
- Authoring and/or copyediting content as described in the “Scope of role” section above.
- Participate in periodic/ongoing customer empathy events (customer interviews, take support calls for a day, etc.) to gain a deep understanding of our customer base in order to help shape the voice and tone of the product and supporting content.
- Working closely with the product team to understand expected product functionally—for both new and existing product features. This would include:
- attending team standup meetings
- proactively reviewing Jira items to determine impact/changes needed to help system, support FAQ content, etc.
- attending product design sessions
- Maintaining HTML-based help system.
- Basic HTML markup skills required