Quicken is committed to helping people lead healthy financial lives. We’re reinvigorating our trusted brand to become the most used, most loved, and most effective personal finance software. Customer Care is an important component in our strategy to strengthen the brand and deliver value to our customers.
The Content Writer will craft a knowledgebase from scratch for a new product offering, with a focus on an educational mindset that contributes to the overall success of our customers. We are looking for someone who can quickly produce versatile, high-quality content, in multiple formats. The ideal candidate self-driven, communicates well with colleagues and business partners, and is comfortable with distilling complex concepts into customer-facing language.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface content and online help according to set standards, appropriate for its intended audience
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and content requirements
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on areas of consolidation, and driving for simplicity and consistency
- Revise documents as new product needs or issues arise, based on feedback from users and product teams
- Create and maintain the information architecture of the knowledgebase
- Create help content aimed at encouraging customers to learn about and use product features
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding of the product
- Ability to flex and respond to customers in social channels using content, and using customer feedback in those channels to create new content
- Proven working experience in technical writing and/or software documentation, with portfolio
- Ability to work autonomously, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to deliver high quality content, paying extreme attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of WYSIWYG content management systems and HTML, along with photo and video editing tools (Photoshop, SnagIt, Camtasia, etc.)
- Ability to use both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Familiarity with social sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of personal finance and personal finance tools a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
- Ability to work with and manage incredible talent
- Highly recognizable brand
Quicken is excited to be building a team of innovative and talented people that are dedicated to helping people improve their financial lives. We believe in giving our employees the benefits and perks to keep them happy and healthy. Whether it’s generous healthcare benefits, a 5% matching 401(k) Plan, a gym subsidy, or unlimited snacks, we believe happy employees are successful employees. (Benefits and perks may vary based on location.) Come join our Quicken team!
Quicken is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.