Quicken is committed to helping people lead healthy financial lives. We have been the #1 personal financial management software for over 30 years and are fueling our growth with new business models and products to become the most used, most loved personal finance brand.
We are in search of a detail-oriented Data Analyst to join our Marketing Analytics team. If obscure Excel functions permeate your dreams, or you view your life as a series of complex joins, then this might be the role for you. You’ll be responsible for supporting our product, marketing & business teams in making better decisions.
Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments that shape decision-making around acquisition and retention marketing
- Proactively perform data exploration to discover future testing opportunities by channel, product mix, customer segment
- Challenge assumptions and push teams to ask the right questions, and then deliver the right answers
- Take the initiative to find patterns & propose experiments against core product, marketing & business goals
- Drive innovation by developing new experimentation methodologies, statistical techniques, and causal-inference approaches that could sharpen our marketing decision-making process
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company
- Be a strategic partner and work with business stakeholders to connect analysis to key decisions that affect the business to influence and drive impact to the business
- Mine product usage data, to identify interesting usage data that can be used in thought leadership campaigns
Some initial projects might include:
- Build marketing dashboards in QuickSight for executive and channel level views to help the team better understand results and trends that are impacting the business
- Evaluate & create a better user engagement metric(s): what user behavior is better predictive of strong engagement and retention?
- Conversion funnel analysis by channel and customer type /Reconcile data across different sources/platforms to offer a consolidated view of user journey, key conversion points
- Build a predictive churn model, to identify users at risk of attrition and proactively mitigate the risk
- Upgrade our Life Time Value (LTV) model based on the above improvements
- Identify High Value Users to invite to our Loyalty program
- Near term - Help identify influencing channel touches or cross-channel behavior (Future - Work with channel owners to implement and draw insights from multi-touch attribution tool)
- Have the confidence to make quick decisions & the courage to fail forward in doing so
- Have 4+ years of experience as a marketing or growth data analyst. Experience with both consumer and advertising technologies is a big plus
- In-depth knowledge of inferential statistics and experimentation design and analyses
- Have the ability to teach a masterclass in query writing and data visualization, with an emphasis on choosing the best approach and tools for the job
- You are comfortable working with large data sets and analyzing complex data with SQL (a must) and potentially other tools such as Python or R
- Have a strong understanding of hypothesis testing and experiment design
- You are an expert at taking vague questions and crystallizing them into impactful experiments, statistical analysis or models for the business
- You are able to multitask and work on multiple ongoing projects, with minimal oversight, documentation, and defined process
- You have knowledge of QuickSight or similar Data visualization tools, and are a quick learner. You will be building out a set of QuickSight dashboards at the start.
- You have exceptional communication skills and can manage stakeholder priorities directly
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics (quantitative) or equivalent