Quicken is the leading solution for personal finance management software. For over 30-years we have helped millions of people lead healthy financial lives.
The way people interact with money is changing and we’re looking for someone who wants to help us redefine the way our customers approach personal finance in the future.
We’re looking for a seasoned manager to head up our overall Cloud Engineering team. You will lead the team that is designing and building our state of the art, micro-services based cloud engine that powers our products today, and in the future.
Quicken Inc., formerly part of Intuit, is a strong profitable business with funding to invest in the future of personal finance. Quicken is a nationally recognized brand with a large active customer base. We are working towards an exciting future where our customers are able to access and manage their financial lives anywhere, anytime, and on any device.
This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation and creativity, while being good to each other and having fun!
- Manage all the teams/efforts related to delivering and enhancing our micro-services based cloud infrastructure and solutions
- Be responsible for our overall technology approach and design by working with our strong team of principal engineers and architects
- Define our long-term technology strategy and architectural approach
- Coordinate activities across our teams in Menlo Park, CA and Bangalore, India, and with our vendors, partners, and external service providers
- Work closely with our PMO to ensure projects are planned, tracked, and delivered on-time
- Foster a strong team, help them to grow, and be their best. Be a strong advocate for every team member and their career goals
- Be a key leader in the Product Development organization overall, providing insights and feedback to help us be a better, stronger organization
- 5+ years building and delivering unique, well-built software products to market
- Understands the Cloud, Scale, Reuse, Modularity. (We are an AWS shop)
- Not afraid to go hands-on and stay current with modern tech.
- Knows how to make tradeoffs when choosing technology approaches to drive business value/requirements
- Critical thinker that knows they can be wrong sometimes
- Proven ability to drive architecture for new products that are flexible, stable, and scale
- A pragmatic problem-solver who can identify the essence of a problem and deliver simple, elegant solutions to that problem
- An innate ability to deconstruct a problem into its smallest parts and determine a plan to prioritize, build, and reliably deliver each of those elements with quality
- Experience managing small, high-performing engineering teams running multiple products or projects
- Ability to work with our product team to envision unexpected products and business models based on the latest technologies
- Strong ability to attract, grow, and retain great talent
- Our stack: A mostly Java based microservice architecture built using Spring (Spring Cloud Netflix, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Stream, etc.) all running on AWS using a variety of services (RDS, SQS, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, …). We also work in node.js, express, React, and others