Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. We are working on a strategy to deliver awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and web.
The successful candidate will join a fast-paced software development team building the next generation of Quicken Data Platform. The team uses the latest software development technology and tools.
If you are looking to be part of a high-performing team at the heart of a fun, energetic, and innovative company, come join the Quicken Team!
This is an opportunity to be a highly visible and key contributor on a small and passionate team delivering innovative data platform solutions across the company. You’ll help shape and deliver on an aggressive and innovative roadmap in areas key to Quicken’s continued success
• Lead Software Engineer role is a technical hands-on role. The responsibilities range from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
• Design, implement, or operate comprehensive data platform components to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, per customer requirements.
• Develop data platform process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
• Create or implement metadata processes and frameworks.
• Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
• Develop or maintain standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for the design of data platform elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and databases.
• Implement business rules via scripts, middleware, or other technologies.
• Map data between source systems and data lake.
• Ability to work on their own and make decisions related to the Data Platform. Should also possess Creativity, Responsibility, and Autonomy.
• Participate in the planning, design, and implementation of features, working with small teams that consist of engineers, product managers, and marketing.
• Demonstrate strong technical talent throughout the organization and engineer products that meet future scalability, performance, security, and quality goals while maintaining a cohesive user experience across different components and products.
• Train and mentor junior members about best practices of software development methodology and frameworks used in data platform.
• Passion for continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting edge technology and software paradigms. Also responsible for fostering this culture across the team.
• Provide recommendations on new and emerging technologies, technology prototypes, patent proposals, and engineering process improvements by leveraging their experience and industry trends.
• 5 - 8 years of hands-on experience with data platform technology and tools
• Extensive experience in Python
• Should be comfortable with using REST APIs
• Experience in database user interface and query software - Structured query language (SQL)
• Experience in one or more structured DBMS along with data modeling – MySQL
• Experience in one or more NoSQL DB, Dynamo DB, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
• Experience in building data pipelines - ingestion, processing and visualization of Big Data
• Experience with AWS EMR, Spark, Kinesis, EC2, S3
• Good to have experience with AWS Glue
• Good to have working knowledge on one or more visualization tools like Tableau, Kibana, QuickSight
• Nice to have experience working with Machine Learning algorithms
• Experience working with geographically distributed teams across different time zone
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written whether in-person or virtual
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
What we offer:
• Competitive salary and performance bonus
• Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
• Customer-driven, we make money by building the best products for our users. No confusion about how to win – build amazing products!
• Ability to work with and manage incredible talent
• Highly recognizable brand
Quicken is excited to be building a team of innovative and talented people that are dedicated to helping people improve their financial lives. We believe in giving our employees the benefits and perks to keep them happy and healthy. Whether it’s generous healthcare benefits, a 5% matching 401(k) Plan, a gym subsidy, or unlimited snacks, we believe happy employees are successful employees. (Benefits and perks may vary based on location.) Come join our Quicken team!
Quicken is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.