Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. We are working on a strategy to deliver awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and web.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to be a key contributor developing cloud-based services that will drive the future of the business. You will join our small and dynamic Cloud Services team, using the latest technology and tools to build high-quality, cross-platform solutions that delight our customers. Come make an impact on the technical future of Quicken!
- Lead Software Engineer is a technical hands-on role, with responsibilities ranging from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
- Directly responsible for consistently delivering scalable, production-ready back-end/server code in Java for Quicken Cloud Services, from design and development to deployment, as a member of an Agile development team.
- Partner closely with a cross-functional team of key stakeholders (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, QA, Operations, and Business Partners) to understand requirements, design and implement end-to-end solutions that meet user needs as well as engineering/operational/business goals.
- Display a passion for high quality, continuous learning, and experimenting and applying cutting-edge technology, software paradigms, and engineering process improvements, while fostering this culture across the team.
- 7 - 10 years of software engineering experience, including a successful track record developing customer-facing SaaS/PaaS products.
- 3+ years working experience in core Java and Spring Framework, preferably with Spring Cloud Netflix.
- 3+ years working experience within microservice architecture, specifically utilizing REST services, XML, and JSON.
- Excellent programming discipline: data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, and unit testing.
- Experience with API development and integration with 3rd-party services is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of O/R mapping concepts and tools (Hibernate, JPA).
- Fluent in Databases/SQL (MySQL experience preferred).
- Extensive experience in developing applications that are deployed in AWS. AWS experience is a big plus.
- Team player with a can-do attitude to independently own and drive projects.
- Strong experience working with an Agile development team with rapid iterations.
- Ability to work well with others in a geographically distributed team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
- Customer-driven, we make money by building the best products for our users. No confusion about how to win – build amazing products!
- Ability to work with and manage incredible talent
- Highly recognizable brand in US
Quicken is excited to be building a team of innovative and talented people that are dedicated to helping people improve their financial lives. We believe in giving our employees the benefits and perks to keep them happy and healthy. Whether it’s generous healthcare benefits, a 5% matching 401(k) Plan, a gym subsidy, or unlimited snacks, we believe happy employees are successful employees. (Benefits and perks may vary based on location.) Come join our Quicken team!
Quicken is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.