Quicken is the leading solution for personal finance management software. For over 30 years we have helped millions of people take control of their financial lives. The way people interact with money is changing and we’re looking for someone that wants to help us redefine the way our customers approach personal finance in the future.
We are working on a strategy to deliver an awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and the web. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation, and creativity while being good to each other and having fun!
• This is an opportunity to be a highly visible and key contributor for a small and passionate team delivering innovative web solutions. You’ll help shape and deliver on an aggressive and innovative roadmap in areas key to Quicken’s continued success and growth.
• Lead Software Engineer is a technical hands-on role, with responsibilities ranging from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
• As a member of the Quicken product development organization, you will develop and enforce best practices in front-end development while working with requirements from key stakeholders across the organization.
• You will participate in the planning, design, and implementation of features, working with small teams that consist of engineers, product managers, and UX designers.
• You will ensure the delivery of quality front-end solutions.
• You will demonstrate strong technical talent throughout the organization and engineer products that meet future scalability, performance, security, and quality goals while maintaining a cohesive user experience across different components and products.
• You will display a passion for high quality, continuous learning, and experimenting and applying cutting-edge technology, software paradigms, and engineering process improvements while fostering this culture across the team.
• Overall 7+ years of software engineering experience, including a successful track record developing web products.
• Relevant Experience of 3+ years with React framework preferred
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Experience working closely with multiple stakeholders, architects, Project Managers, UX designers and researchers, marketing, and engineering teams
• Expert knowledge of browser behavior, performance, compatibility and cross-browser issues
• Experience and understanding of web testing and optimization
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Strong experience working with an Agile development team with rapid iterations
• Understanding of software design patterns
• Deep understanding of good software architecture concepts
• Team player with a can-do attitude to independently own and drive projects.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical disciplines, or equivalent experience
What we offer:
- Amazing culture, strong believers in autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
- Customer-driven decision-making; we succeed by building the best products for our users.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of people as well as team members with heart.
- Free in-office snacks and lunch.
- Hybrid home/office workplace
- Highly recognizable brand that defined the personal finance category
- Competitive salary, performance bonus, and stock options
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Monthly phone stipend
- Gym and home office reimbursement program
Quicken is excited to be building a team of innovative and talented people that are dedicated to helping people improve their financial lives. We believe in giving our employees the benefits and perks to keep them happy and healthy. Whether it’s generous healthcare benefits, a 5% matching 401(k) Plan, a gym subsidy, or unlimited snacks, we believe happy employees are successful employees. (Benefits and perks may vary based on location.) Come join our Quicken team!
Quicken is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.