Imagine working on Quicken, the #1 personal finance tool that defined the software category 30 years ago, continues to be the market leader and is again revolutionizing the consumer FinTech space to help people live healthier financial lives. Our customers tell us stories of how Quicken helped them eliminate credit card debt, save for vacations and kid’s college education, manage and track their small business for tax reporting, build a comfortable nest egg for their retirement, and even, in some cases, saved their marriage because they could impartially discuss spending and saving. At Quicken, you will have real-world impact and make a difference in people’s lives.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Development Manager who is passionate about building world-class, customer-centric software, to lead a highly talented Quicken for Mac development team, and to be a part of a fast-growing company that sets the standard in personal finance. We’re a new company, spun out from Intuit, with big company benefits, but a start-up size, mindset, and scrappiness.
This is an opportunity to own the development of an entire application that is a critical part of a larger client/server/mobile/web eco-system, work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation, and creativity while being good and kind to each other and having fun!
- Passionate about managing and building a high-performing, results-oriented organization by cultivating and motivating our highly skilled, veteran engineers, earning their respect, setting realistic objectives, managing performance, and helping team members achieve their personal goals while also meeting the needs of the business.
- Partners with product, marketing, and other stakeholders to prioritize engineering roadmap and requirements, while balancing business needs with resource and technology constraints.
- Brings disciplined, project management skills, working with the product manager to set the team’s development priorities and to complete product and business goals on time while also maintaining a good work-life balance for the team. The ideal candidate is a strong and visionary leader.
- Customer-driven and actively seeks to understand our customer’s needs through engagement, feedback, and discussion. Quicken has some of the highest customer daily active engagement scores in the industry. All employees, including our executives, listen to care calls on a bi-monthly basis. In this way, we can learn about customer pain points to actively iterate and make improvements.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with multiple engineering stakeholders on project progress, schedule, resourcing, constraints, and risks. Drive trade-offs and decisions involving the right stakeholders and be an advocate and promoter of the Mac team across the organization.
- Own the end-to-end software product lifecycle. Responsible for defining, designing, developing, testing, shipping, and post-release follow-up to deliver high-quality results on time.
- Drive strategic technology/engine reuse, process improvements, and test-centric development for high-quality code and maintainability.
- Drive, coach, and imbue engineering best practices throughout the team. Skilled at finding, hiring, and onboarding the best interns and engineers to build and grow our team.
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years working on a consumer software application. No Mac or iOS development experience required but the ideal candidate would own and use a Mac at home.
- Strong management and leadership skills. Experience in hiring talented engineers.
- Skilled project manager to help the team ship features and product on time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work and communicate cross-functionally and across different geographies.
- Possess strong technical skills, a career history of strong hands-on software engineering, and development experience.
- Experience in agile software development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or XP.
- Experience with lean software development processes, shipping software quickly, learning, iterating, and making improvements until customers are delighted.
- Background in delivering client/server applications.
- Solid software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem-solving, object-oriented design, and system architecture).
- Strong business acumen. Understands the business internal and external landscape and thinks/acts strategically for all stakeholders.
- Advocate for the customer with experience working on highly rated consumer products.
- Experience with applications that use artificial intelligence or machine learning-based services a plus.
Quicken is excited to be building a team of innovative and talented people that are dedicated to helping people improve their financial lives. We believe in giving our employees the benefits and perks to keep them happy and healthy. Whether it’s generous healthcare benefits, a 5% matching 401(k) Plan, a gym subsidy, or unlimited snacks, we believe happy employees are successful employees. (Benefits and perks may vary based on location.) Come join our Quicken team!
Quicken is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.