Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. We are going through transformation, as we recently completed the divestiture from Intuit, with a renewed focus on product improvement, growth, and customer satisfaction. We are working on a strategy to deliver awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Windows, Mac, Mobile, Online interfaces. The successful candidate will join a fast-paced software development team building the next versions of Quicken Product Offerings.
You will bring in the necessary project management rigor customized to the culture of Quicken Product Development and establish appropriate end-to-end processes from intake all the way to delivery, ensuring that each of the initiatives handled will be managed in a consistent fashion. Key to this role will be your ability to communicate to key stakeholders, within and outside Quicken PD, on initiative progress and status. You will ensure that all the initiatives will be managed with issues, risks, cross-dependencies and mitigation plans clearly identified and consistently communicated in accordance with stated business and technical objectives.
You will create, optimize, and drive structured schedules and project plans across projects and cross-functional teams - setting and meeting deadlines with quality deliverables, effectively adapting and modifying plans based on changing data or conditions. You will track open issues and effectively negotiate to impact decisions and trade-offs and to guide issues within internal and external groups to resolution. You must hold program team members accountable for their commitments, milestones, resources, and deliverables.
You will frame communication and discussions for the intended audience, with appropriate context and line of sight. You will ensure that the appropriate documents exist and are communicated to drive shared vision among the program teams. You will conduct cross-functional team meetings to update status, and identify and resolve issues. You will achieve quality results through team interaction and effective cross-group collaboration.
We are looking for a project manager that wants to WOW and deliver for our stakeholders, work hard and have fun doing it. Be innovative… Be yourself... Be Quicken … It's time to love what you do!
If you are looking to be part of a high-performing team at the heart of a fun, energetic, and innovative company, come join the Quicken Team as an Offering Project Manager.
- Plans and manages a project from initiation through delivery; directing and providing project management support and functional or technical expertise to the project team
- Manages and takes corrective action to deliver projects that meet scope, schedule, cost and quality expectations
- Improves upon existing processes and defines new processes necessary to ensure successful execution and control of the project
- Promotes speed, quality and shared vision by getting the right people involved in decisions - identifies conflicting priorities, then frames and escalates issues if they cannot be resolved quickly
- Identifies missing tasks in the work breakdown structure and missing project-wide or system-wide activities (documentation, performance testing, etc.)
- Identifies active project risks, monitors for risk triggers, and executes contingency plans
- Exhibits strong meeting and event facilitation skills to drive for optimal outcomes - communicates across multiple organization levels, and designs appropriate communication
- Utilizing appropriate project mgt. methodology and identification of project deliverables - customized to the culture of Quicken Product Development
- Development of timelines and cross-team project plans including milestones, resources and dependencies
- Documentation and alignment of roles & responsibilities of team members
- Communication mechanisms including: project status reports & dashboards, meeting agendas and minutes - frame communication and discussions for the intended audience, with appropriate context and line of sight, considering a complex stakeholder landscape
- Artifacts and operating mechanisms to execute change control, quality, risk management, and communication.
Technical and Functional Skills Required:
- Develops logical and actionable cross-team project plans - effectively executing fundamental project management tasks including issue and risk management, building structured cross-group schedules, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communicating overall project status to appropriate audiences
- Chooses the most appropriate approach to solve problems and to escalate issues that require clarification or management input
- Handles multiple tasks, switches priorities and manages time effectively focusing on “the critical few” - understands the relationship of projects to the high-level business and technology strategy
- Facilitates actionable requirements documentation and reviews to ensure that project teams have in-depth understanding of requirements to get to shared vision
- Identifies process issues and improvement opportunities and takes ownership where appropriate to drive improvements to be adopted
- Proficient using MS Office 365 software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, MS Project), Confluence Jira/Wiki, and data repository and query tools as appropriate for managing the project
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical groups across different levels.
- Strong Project Management team leadership experience leading technology solution delivery projects
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships across organizations in delivering the best outcome of complex programs.
- Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly, focusing on critical few key points.
- BA/BS degree in a related area or equivalent project management experience
- 3+ years experience successfully managing medium-sized complex projects
This is a 9-month contract role.