Quicken is the leading solution for personal finance management software. For over 30 years we have helped millions of people lead healthy financial lives. The way people interact with money is changing and we’re looking for someone who wants to help us redefine the way our customers approach personal finance in the future.
We are in search of a detail-oriented Data Analyst to join our Product Analytics team. If obscure Excel functions permeate your dreams, or you view your life as a series of complex joins, then this might be the role for you. You’ll be responsible for supporting our product, marketing & business teams in making better decisions.
Quicken Inc., formerly part of Intuit, is a strong profitable business with funding to invest in the future of personal finance. Quicken is a nationally recognized brand with a large active customer base. We are working towards an exciting future where our customers are able to access and manage their financial lives anywhere, anytime, and on any device. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation and creativity, while being good to each other and having fun!
- Work with cross-functional, cross-geographical teams such as engineering, product management, finance, marketing to develop a firm understanding of Quicken's enterprise data.
- Use Quicken suite of products regularly, understand the products and user flows to be able to slice / dice data effectively.
- Understand how the product works to be able to identify anomalies in behavior and dig deeper to identify the reason for discrepancy.
- Understand technical implementation, architecture & dependencies of product features to be able to identify the nuances of product data.
- Leverage BI & Analytics tools and ad-hoc query tools using SQL to perform data exploration and analysis.
- Own analysis artifacts, reports, and dashboards that product teams leverage and proactively enhance the same for changing user scenarios.
- Partner with product stakeholders and use data to:
- Identify gaps / problem areas in the product.
- Proactively perform exploratory analyses around various product initiatives.
- Connect analyses to key decisions thereby driving impact to the product / user.
- Establish metrics to measure the effectiveness of the product / initiative.
- Challenge assumptions and enable product teams to ask the right questions.
- Identify patterns in the data and research user behavior.
- Be a thought leader and communicate/present your research and insights to relevant audiences within the company.
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Total experience of 5+ years as a data analyst.
- Very good knowledge of SQL querying.
- Strong skill in analyzing data and uncovering patterns using SQL.
- Ability to quickly understand and visualize information from various sources.
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple ongoing projects, with minimal oversight, documentation, and defined process.
- Ability to take vague questions and translate them into impactful analyses.
- skills and ability to manage stakeholder priorities directly.
- Keen observation skills to analyze data, highly detail-oriented.
- Able to identify stakeholders, build relationships, and influence others to get work done.
- Self-directed and self-motivated individual who takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome.
- Nice to have:
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Background in BI and / or data visualization using third-party tools like Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI etc.
- Experience working on personal finance B2C products.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
- Customer-driven, we make money by building the best products for our users.
- Ability to work with and manage incredible talent
- Highly recognizable brand