Quicken is the leading solution for personal finance management software. For over 30 years we have helped millions of people lead to healthy financial lives. The way people interact with money is changing and we’re looking for someone who wants to help us redefine the way our customers approach personal finance in the future.
We are looking to add a Senior Data Quality Analyst to our Data Platform team to help deliver data quality monitoring and delivery platform. An ideal candidate will have solid skills in data analysis tools such as SQL, Python, data visualization (Tableau, Grafana, others). The
candidate should also have excellent communication skills to partner with various crossfunctional teams to understand requirements, validate and deploy quickly.
Quicken is a nationally recognized brand with a large active customer base. We are working towards an exciting future where our customers are able to access and manage their financial lives anywhere, anytime, and on any device. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation, and creativity while being good to each other and having fun!
- Work with cross-functional, cross-geographical teams such as engineering, product management, finance, marketing to deploy data quality across critical pipelines on the data platform.
- Work with source system owners, product managers, subject matter experts and developers to build a firm understanding of source data and outline data quality requirements.
- Setup processes to triage and resolve data quality issues.
- Create and drive data quality standards and frameworks to be included in engineering efforts.
- Create metrics and ongoing reporting functions to measure and monitor data quality for most critical data assets.
- Communicate/highlight any data discrepancies with stakeholders and explain possible business implications.
- Investigate and evaluate new technologies and products for application within the data quality environment.
- Apply defined data quality best practices and procedures to design, influence, and drive quality.
- Actively participate in establishing project plans, estimating work and monitoring progress against milestones.
- Assist scrum master with the development of the team’s backlog in JIRA and assist with regularly scheduled grooming sessions and work closely with developers to support the Agile development process.
• Graduate+ in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Total experience of 8+ years with at least 3 years in managing data quality for high scale data platforms.
• Good knowledge of SQL querying.
• Strong skill in analyzing data and uncovering patterns using SQL or Python.
• Excellent understanding of data warehouse/big data concepts such as data extraction, data transformation, data loading (ETL process).
• Strong background in BI and data visualization leveraging open source libraries/packages and third-party tools (Tableau or similar).
• Experience in big data technologies a big plus.
• Experience in machine learning, especially in data quality applications a big plus.
• Experience in building data quality automation frameworks a big plus.
• Strong experience working with an Agile development team with rapid iterations.
• Very strong verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
• Ability to quickly understand business rules.
• Ability to work well with others in a geographically distributed team.
• Keen observation skills to analyze data, highly detail-oriented.
• Excellent judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution.
• Able to identify stakeholders, build relationships, and influence others to get work done.
• Self-directed and self-motivated individual who takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary and performance bonus
• Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
• Customer-driven, we make money by building the best products for our users. No confusion about how to win – build amazing products!
• Ability to work with and manage incredible talent
• Highly recognizable brand