Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. We are on a mission to provide an awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and web. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation and creativity, while being good to each other and having fun!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to manage & lead a highly talented engineering team that produces our flagship Quicken for Windows product. The Quicken business continues to be highly successful and growing, and we continue to drive forward in the transformation of Quicken from a Personal Finance Manager into a modern FinTech solution that knows the customer, advises them, and helps them to take action directly.
The right candidate will have a passion for building great products for consumers, building strong engineering teams, and helping their engineers achieve their career goals. Of course, being able to do all this remotely, at least for the time being, is also important.
- Be a combination of software engineering, people management, and project management capabilities.
- Strong leadership qualities. Leads from the front balancing the priorities of customers, employees, and shareholders.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with multiple stakeholders on project progress, schedule, resourcing, constraints, and risks. Drive trade-offs and decisions involving the right stakeholders.
- Partner with Business, Technology, and other stakeholders to prioritize engineering roadmap & requirements, while balancing business need with resource and technology constraints.
- Own the E2E software lifecycle of products responsible for: defining, designing, development, testing, production, and post-production follow-up. Deliver on-time with high quality
- Responsible for initiating and driving product and process improvements throughout the software delivery life cycle. Imbibe and coach engineering best practices in the team
- Should possess strong technical skills, have a career history of strong hands-on software engineering and development experience, and the tactical and visionary leadership skills to motivate, guide, and earn the respect from a highly talented engineering team.
- Hire, grow, and retain the right talent for the organization. Able to lead the individual contributors.
- Provide career development, and management of performance, objectives, and priorities of all reporting staff - Build a high performing, results-oriented organization.
- Leader of the team - ensure team members are engaged, motivated, and committed to the organization.
- At least 12+ years of industry experience with a minimum of two years of proven track record of leading high performing teams.
- Experienced engineering leader who can nurture working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers to work on high visibility & high impact product.
- Someone with experience in agile and lean thinking have a passion for velocity, engineering and operational excellence
- Solid software development fundamentals (Data Structures, algorithms, problem solving, OO Design, and system architecture)
- Technical skills: Windows, .Net, C++ experience is a big plus
- Expert communicator and love working with multiple stakeholders for common outcomes with high stakes at company level.
- Strong business acumen. Understands the business internal and external landscape and thinks/acts strategically for all stakeholders.
- Drives strategic technology/engine reuse, technology and development process improvement.
- A highly technical and result-oriented leader experienced in determining goals and matching those with customer requirements and product roadmap. Adept at leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering teams.