Quicken is the leading solution for personal finance management software. For over 30-years we have helped millions of people take control of their financial lives. We are an established, profitable company and we are growing.
The way people interact with money is changing and we’re looking for someone that wants to help us redefine the way our customers approach personal finance in the future.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer interested in solving a range of customer problems while helping us transform the user experience of our Desktop and Mobile products in our beautiful, newly renovated Bangalore office. You and the Bangalore design team will help extend our existing, flagship product to meet the needs if a whole new class of customers. You are talented, passionate, and strong in both UX and visual design who can apply creative and analytical thinking to create simple and intuitive solutions.
You’ll be counted on for your Design Thinking and for your ability to conceptualize, communicate and execute on designs to achieve customer needs and business goals. You’ll join our growing design team and work with product management and engineering to develop and improve our products.
This is an opportunity to work in a design-driven company with a collaborative team that values innovation and creativity, while being good to each other and having fun!
As the Senior Product Designer at Quicken, you will:
- You will be part of the Quicken Product Design Team.
- Collaborate and Partner with the stake holders & teams like the Product manager, Engineering, Marketing, Care and other Product Designers to deliver designs that are desirable, feasible and user-friendly.
- Advocate for and be the voice of our customers by gaining deep customer empathy through research and in-depth customer interviews.
- Directly responsible for delivering User Experience visions, UI specifications, wireframes and prototypes.
- Evaluate customer feedback, user research, and business goals to drive a holistic, customer-backed design direction across all of our products and platforms.
- Directly manage several concurrent projects and competing priorities in a deadline driven environmentContribute to and help improve consistent visual design patterns, icons, and other brand assets.
We are a small, collaborative design team and we are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, can work independently and as part of a team, and meet the following qualifications:
- 4 or more years of experience as a product, user experience, or interaction designer with a track record of delivering awesome experiences while driving and applying user-centered design processes.
- Expertise designing for medium to large scale products with a high degree of complexity.
- Broad experience with UX, visual design, branding, information architecture and usability research
- Strong knowledge of UX principles and best practices, including storytelling, problem framing, concept visualization and understanding when and where user testing and research should be incorporated into the product design process.
- Open to working in a transparent, flat, no-ego design group where feedback and constructive criticism is expected.
- Ability to collaborate closely with engineers and be conscious of technical limitations and requirements.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills (verbal, writing, visual)
- Expertise with design tools including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc.
- Follow and have an understanding of best practices, developments and trends in web, mobile, and iOS design.
- You’re a self-starter who will actively seek new ways to improve the Quicken experience. You love the ideation and execution process. You are a champion of your own ideas.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- [Bonus] experience designing for desktop platforms (Windows or Mac)
- [Bonus] An interest in finance or personal finance
All applicants must include a link to your portfolio or samples of recent work.