Quicken is the leading solution for personal finance management software. For over 30-years we have helped millions of people take control of their financial lives.
The way people interact with money is changing and we’re looking for someone that wants to help us redefine the way our customers approach personal finance in the future.
Quicken is looking for a Senior Product Designer with a passion for great design and the skills to deliver it. You’ll join a small, diverse design team working to solve a range of customer problems across desktop, web, and mobile apps.
The ideal candidate is a self-directed, multi-disciplinary designer well-grounded in Design Thinking with strong problem-solving skills. You thrive in an environment that values open communication, collaboration with UX colleagues, product managers, and developers. This is an opportunity to work in a design-driven company that values innovation and creativity while having fun and supporting each other along the way!
- Design new financial tools and experiences across our desktop, web, and mobile products.
- Communicate your vision through process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Gain deep customer empathy through research and in-depth customer interviews and bring the voice of our customers into the design process.
- Work effectively with cross-discipline teams to conceptualize, build, and ship experiences that optimize user needs, business goals, and technological realities.
- Seek internal and external reviews with your design colleagues, product teams, and customers to refine your designs.
- Become grounded in our product vision and spend time exploring ideas for improving our products over the long term.
- Help us establish our design systems, pattern libraries, and visual standards.
- Practice extreme ownership. As a senior member of the design team, we’ll be counting on you to establish realistic timelines and complete projects on time.
- 5+ years experience designing desktop, web, and/or mobile products.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong interaction and visual design and how you worked within the larger product design process.
- Excellent communication and writing skills. You must clearly articulate & explain design decisions, brainstorm ideas with groups, and solicit feedback from colleagues of all disciplines.
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with modern design software such as Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, and UserTesting.com
- Deep understanding of the platform capabilities and constraints when designing for desktop, web, Android, and iOS.
- You’re a motivated, collaborative teammate who will actively seek new ways to improve the Quicken experience. You love both the ideation and execution process.
We’d love to see:
- Previously contributed to the creation, evolution, and promotion of visual style guides or design systems for other design and engineering teams.
- Experience designing interactive data visualizations that let people find insights in complex information.
- Experience working with remote designers and engineers.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses.
- Delicious catered daily lunches, lots of snacks and beverages, happy hours, and more.
- The opportunity to work on meaningful software that directly impacts the way customers manage their financial lives.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts and a generous 401(k) employer match.
All applicants must include a link to your portfolio or samples of recent work.