Quicken is the leading solution for personal finance management software. For over 30 years we have helped millions of people take control of their financial lives.
The way people interact with money is changing and we’re looking for someone that wants to help us redefine the way our customers approach personal finance in the future.
Quicken is looking for a Senior Product Designer with a passion for great design and the skills to deliver it. You’ll join our Integrated Financial Services (IFS) group and work with a small team tasked with designing how our customers manage their money now and in the future. You’ll work directly with IFS Product Managers and engineers on topics like identity verification, bill payment, money movement, and more. You will set the design standards for these new technologies and then work with our other product teams to bring your designs to life across desktop, web, and mobile platforms.
This is an opportunity to work in a design-driven company that values innovation and creativity while having fun and supporting each other along the way!
The ideal candidate is a self-directed, multi-disciplinary designer well-grounded in design thinking with strong problem-solving skills. You will be fully immersed in the product development process and own projects end-to-end – from brainstorming to launch. You will design applications that work across platforms and devices and constantly balance the desire for platform convention vs. product consistency. Strong communication skills are vital. You will be responsible for communicating design decisions and direction across multiple teams and working with other designers to bring your ideas to life in numerous product lines.
You thrive in an environment that values open communication and collaboration with a diverse set of colleagues including product managers, developers, stakeholders, and other designers.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Develop and implement new financial services functionality that fundamentally change the way Quicken users manage their money.
- Re-define how users pay bills, move money, and invest to promote healthier financial lives.
- Design new, cross-platform financial tools and experiences for our desktop, mobile, and web applications.
- Balance brand guidelines with established OS patterns to produce an experience consistent with what our customers have come to expect.
- Communicate your vision through process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Work effectively with cross-discipline teams to conceptualize, build, and ship experiences that optimize user needs, business goals, and technological realities.
- Seek internal and external reviews with your design colleagues, product teams, and customers to refine your designs.
- Become grounded in our product vision and spend time exploring ideas for improving our products over the long term.
- Contribute to our design systems, pattern libraries, and visual standards.
- Act as the design “champion”; understand the needs of the customer and use the product yourself.
- 6+ years of experience designing desktop, web, and/or mobile products.
- Ability to set the design vision across multiple products and work with other designers to help implement.
- Experience designing features for large-scale applications–designing experiences not just screens.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong interaction and visual design and how you worked within the larger product design process.
- Excellent communication and writing skills. You must clearly articulate & explain design decisions, brainstorm ideas with groups, and solicit feedback from colleagues of all disciplines.
- Ability to set design vision across multiple products and work with other designers to implement.
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with modern design tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, and UserTesting.com.
- Understanding of the platform capabilities and constraints when designing for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android environments.
- You’re a motivated, collaborative teammate who will actively seek new ways to improve the Quicken experience. You love both the ideation and execution process.
We would also love the candidate to have:
- Proficient knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of shipping features that work seamlessly within native applications.
- Previously contributed to the creation, evolution, and promotion of visual style guides or design systems for other design and engineering teams.
- Experience designing features that let people find insights in complex information.
- Proficiency with personal finance applications such as Quicken, Mint, or other financial applications.
- Experience working with remote colleagues.
What we offer:
- Amazing culture, strong believers in autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- Customer-driven decision-making; we succeed by building the best products for our users
- Ability to work with a diverse set of people as well as team members with heart
- Free in-office snacks and lunch
- Hybrid home/office workplace
- A highly recognizable brand that defined the personal finance category
- Competitive salary, performance bonus, and stock options
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Monthly phone stipend
- Gym and home office reimbursement program
All applicants must include a link to their portfolio or samples of recent work.