Quicken is the leading solution for personal finance management software. For over 30 years we have helped millions of people lead healthy financial lives. The way people interact with money is changing and we’re looking for someone who wants to help us redefine the way our customers approach personal finance in the future.
We are in search of a detail-oriented Senior Product Manager to join our Product Management team. As a Senior product manager based in Bangalore, You will lead cross-functional initiatives for the Quicken Windows product line and its Web & Mobile Companion apps. You’ll collaborate with the design and engineering team, all based in Bangalore, to manage the product. Additionally, you’ll work closely with our Cloud Engineering and Care teams in the U.S.
This role requires customer empathy that leads to a great understanding of our customers, a passion for technology, and strategic decision-making skills. Further, a demonstrated ability to learn quickly from research and data to define delighting factors that will make the product a unique, indispensable solution for customers.
- Be the customer champion. For example, proactively reading NPS verbatims, Community posts, Care calls/chats and other feedback channels, periodically
- Proactively identify areas that need user research, and work with the Product leader to conduct user research via interviews, surveys, user testing and customer focus groups.
- Use the product to clearly understand all the moving parts and dependencies of the product and by testing the features that are being built.
- Contribute to Quarterly and Yearly roadmap for Quicken Windows, Web, and Mobile Companion apps
- Identify cross-team dependencies in a timely manner, and ensure they are planned for.
- Own the backlog, conduct periodic bug scrubs and continuously maintain the roadmap.
- Work with Engineering / QA / Design managers to plan their team’s work in a timely fashion to align with the release timelines.
- Work with QA to review test cases, beta tasks, and monitor beta feedback.
- Ensure that appropriate background research is done to explain the ‘Why’ behind each feature.
- Document the ‘What’ clearly in stories and review with stakeholders across teams.
- Understand the technical implementation and ask probing questions to know the areas of impact. (Rephrase)
- Work with the Design team to create interaction and visual designs, help them get it tested by putting it in front of users
- Ensure that the metrics to measure the success of each feature are clearly documented, instrumented, and measured after launch to see the impact.
- Stay on top of customer feedback by monitoring feedback channels. Use our big data platform to understand more about our customers.
- Own the final product, content, design, and communication that goes to customers.
An ideal candidate will be:
- Someone with an MBA or an Engineering background, from a top school with 10+ years experience, with at least 6 years in product management
- A product expert, passionate about user experience and building deep customer empathy
- A strong analyst who uses user research, customer feedback, and data as inputs to conceptualize and prioritize requirements
- A self-motivated person who can influence and drive cross-functional, cross-geo teams, promoting timely and effective communication
- A technical expert who has worked to gain the respect of a top-tier engineering team
- A multi-tasker who can manage to stay on top of multiple projects across multiple products at the same time.
- Adept in SQL to be able to run queries on Big Data platform to dig deeper into customer data/ metrics
- Experience working on B2C Finance products is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
- Customer-driven, we make money by building the best products for our users. No confusion about how to win – build amazing products!
- Ability to work with and manage incredible talent
- Highly recognizable brand
Quicken is excited to be building a team of innovative and talented people that are dedicated to helping people improve their financial lives. We believe in giving our employees the benefits and perks to keep them happy and healthy. Whether it’s generous healthcare benefits, a 5% matching 401(k) Plan, a gym subsidy, or unlimited snacks, we believe happy employees are successful employees. (Benefits and perks may vary based on location.) Come join our Quicken team!
Quicken is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.