Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. While we have industry leading desktop offerings, we are now working on delivering awesome personal finance experience to our customers on mobile. The successful candidate will join a fast-paced software development team building the next generation of Quicken’s mobile applications, and that are powered by our cloud platform.
If you are looking to be part of a high-performing team at the heart of a fun, energetic, and innovative company, come join the Quicken Team!
This is an opportunity to be a highly visible and key contributor of a passionate team delivering innovative mobile solutions. You’ll help shape and deliver on an aggressive and innovative roadmap in areas key to Quicken’s continued success and growth.
- Senior Software Engineer is a technical hands-on role. The responsibilities range from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
- Develop and enforce best practices in mobile application development while working with requirements from key stakeholders across the organization.
- Participate in the planning, design, and implementation of features, working with small teams that consist of engineers, product managers, and UX designers.
- Demonstrate strong technical talent throughout the organization and engineer products that meet future scalability, performance, security, and quality goals while maintaining a compelling user experience.
- Consistently deliver high-quality shippable software to our customers, being part of our Agile development team.
- Passion for continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting-edge technology and software paradigms. Also responsible for fostering this culture across the team.
- Provide recommendations on new and emerging technologies, technology prototypes, patent proposals, and engineering process improvements by leveraging their experience and industry trends.
- 5+ years of hands-on mobile development experience across different technology stacks
- Experience building apps in React Native will be a big plus
- Experience in developing Android apps using Java preferred; iOS app development will be a bonus
- Understanding of Cloud integration via RESTful services will be preferred
- Experience working with Jenkins, Gradle/Pods, Linux, and Git will help
- Experience developing consumer mobile apps a big plus
- Experience working closely with multiple stakeholders, architects, Project Managers, UX designers and researchers, marketing, and engineering teams
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams across different time zones
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written whether in-person or virtual
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Deep understanding of good software architecture concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience