Quicken is the leading solution for personal finance management software. For over 30-years we have helped millions of people lead healthy financial lives. The way people interact with money is changing and we’re looking for someone who wants to help us redefine the way our customers approach personal finance in the future.
We’re looking for a seasoned Senior Software Engineer Quality to assess the quality of our products and services, build automation assessment tools, and driving best quality practices through the organization.
Quicken Inc., formerly part of Intuit, is a strong profitable business with funding to invest in the future of personal finance. Quicken is a nationally recognized brand with a large active customer base. We are working towards an exciting future where our customers are able to access and manage their financial lives anywhere, anytime, and on any device. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation, and creativity, while being good to each other and having fun!
• Apply defined software quality best practices and procedures to design, influence, and drive quality and testability of Quicken backend services
• Actively participate in establishing project plans, estimating work and monitoring progress against milestones
• Actively automate functional, integration, and regression tests with FitNesse or another similar tool.
• Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems relating to quality engineering
• Communicate and coordinate testing with offshore and local teams.
• Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes
• Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for application within the environment
• 5+ years of experience testing web services (REST and SOAP)
• Solid experience with automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, FitNess, SoapUI, or others.
• Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
• Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process
• Experience with unit testing and performance testing
• Self-directed and self-motivated individual who takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome
• Experience in financial, social, mobile, cloud/SaaS, big data, or analytics industries.
• Always Be Learning: Experience with open source technologies—you’re prototyping and/or researching the up and coming technology and solution
• BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
Quicken is excited to be building a team of innovative and talented people that are dedicated to helping people improve their financial lives. We believe in giving our employees the benefits and perks to keep them happy and healthy. Whether it’s generous healthcare benefits, a 5% matching 401(k) Plan, a gym subsidy, or unlimited snacks, we believe happy employees are successful employees. (Benefits and perks may vary based on location.) Come join our Quicken team!
Quicken is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.