Quicken Inc., a recent spin-off from Intuit, is a strong profitable business with funding to invest in the future of personal finance. Quicken is a nationally recognized brand with a large active customer base. We are working towards an exciting future where our customers are able to access and manage their financial lives anywhere, anytime, and on any device. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation and creativity, while being good to each other and having fun!
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to develop cloud-based services that will drive the future of the business. You will join our Cloud Services team, using the latest technology and tools to build high-quality, cross-platform solutions that delight our customers. Come make an impact on the technical future of Quicken!
- Senior Software Engineer is a technical hands-on role, with responsibilities ranging from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
- Directly responsible for delivering scalable, production-ready back-end/server code in Java for Quicken Cloud Services, from design and development to deployment.
- Partner closely with a cross-functional team (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, QA, Operations, and Business Partners) to complete projects from start to finish with little supervision of day-to-day tasks.
- Consistently deliver high-quality shippable software to our customers, as a member of an Agile development team.
- Display a passion for continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting-edge technology, software paradigms, and engineering process improvements, while fostering this culture across the team.
- Apply strategic thinking to deliver end-to-end user experience solutions with a focus on user needs and engineering/operational/business goals.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, including a successful track record developing customer-facing SaaS/PaaS products.
- Excellent programming knowledge and working experience in core Java and Spring Framework, preferably with Spring Cloud Netflix.
- Excellent knowledge of microservice architecture, and working experience with REST services, XML, and JSON.
- Knowledge and working experience in developing applications which are deployed in AWS.
- Fluent in Databases/SQL (MySQL experience preferred).
- Deep understanding of O/R mapping concepts and tools (Hibernate, JPA).
- Excellent programming discipline: data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, and unit testing.
- Very familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web/mobile applications.
- Team player with can-do attitude to independently own and drive projects.
- Capable of handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization and time management abilities.
- Strong experience working with an Agile development team with rapid iterations.
- Ability to work well with others in a geographically distributed team.
- Experience with API development and integration with 3rd-party services is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills – both in the technology and leadership/influence areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
What we offer:
- Competive salary and performance bonus
- Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose