Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. Since our inception, we have pioneered a radically easier and faster way for people to manage their household finances, continuing to delight customers every day.
The Integrated Financial Services group, a start-up within Quicken, is looking to transform the personal finance experience for our customers across mobile and web. Our vision is to deliver the next phase of innovation in spending, saving, transferring, and investing within the trusted Quicken ecosystem. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven culture with a collaborative team that values solving hard problems through creativity while having fun!
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to develop state-of-the-art, cloud-based risk, compliance, and fraud-prevention services that will drive the future of the business. You will join our small and dynamic Integrated Financial Services team which leverages the latest technology and tools to build high-quality solutions that not only delight our customers, but also protect them against bad actors. Come make an impact on the technical future of Quicken!
- The Senior Software Engineer role is a technical hands-on role, with responsibilities ranging from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
- Directly responsible for consistently delivering scalable, production-ready back-end/server code in Java for Quicken Cloud Services, from design and development to deployment, as a member of an Agile development team.
- Partner closely with a cross-functional team of key stakeholders (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, QA, Operations, and Business Partners) to design and implement end-to-end solutions that meet user needs as well as engineering/operational/business goals.
- Display a passion for high quality, continuous learning, and experimenting and applying cutting-edge technology, software paradigms, and engineering process improvements, while fostering this culture across the team.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, including a successful track record developing customer-facing SaaS/PaaS products.
- Excellent programming knowledge and working experience in core Java and Spring Framework, preferably with Spring Cloud Netflix.
- Working experience with microservice architecture, specifically utilizing REST services, XML, & JSON.
- Knowledge and working experience in developing applications deployed in AWS.
- Understanding of O/R mapping concepts and tools (Hibernate, JPA).
- Fluent in databases/SQL.
- Excellent programming discipline: data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, and unit testing.
- Very familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web/mobile applications.
- Experience with API development and integration with 3rd-party services is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills—both in the technology and leadership/influence areas.
- Attention to detail! You like to dig into data and stay two steps ahead of any bad actors.
- Team player with can-do attitude to independently own and drive projects.
- Capable of handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization and time management abilities.
- Strong experience working with an Agile development team with rapid iterations.
- Ability to work well with others in a geographically distributed team.
- Experience in fintech, especially with building risk and fraud management systems!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
Quicken is excited to be building a team of innovative and talented people that are dedicated to helping people improve their financial lives. We believe in giving our employees the benefits and perks to keep them happy and healthy. Whether it’s generous healthcare benefits, a 5% matching 401(k) Plan, a gym subsidy, or unlimited snacks, we believe happy employees are successful employees. (Benefits and perks may vary based on location.) Come join our Quicken team!
Quicken is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.