We’re looking for a seasoned Senior Software Engineer Quality II to assess quality of our products and services, build automation assessment tools, and driving best quality practices through the organization.
Quicken is a nationally recognized brand with a large active customer base. We are working towards an exciting future where our customers are able to access and manage their financial lives anywhere, anytime, and on any device. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation and creativity, while being good to each other and having fun!
• Apply defined software quality best practices and procedures to design, influence and drive quality and testability of Quicken software.
• Actively participate in establishing project plans, estimating work and monitoring progress against milestones.
• Architect and setup an automation framework for mobile application testing; actively automate functional, integration and regression tests.
• Mentor junior engineers, new team members, and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems relating to quality engineering.
• Communicate and coordinate testing with offshore and local teams.
• Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes.
• Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for application within the environment.
• 5+ years of experience testing native/hybrid mobile applications.
• Ability to create clear, concise, detail-oriented test plans from user stories or verbal communications.
• Strong familiarity with the latest iOS and Android operating systems
• Experience with Agile Development.
• Solid communication skills: demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process.
• Self-directed and self-motivated individual who takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome.
• Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web and web service applications.
• Always Be Learning: experience with open source technologies—you’re prototyping and/or researching the up and coming technology and solution.
• BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.