Quicken enables consumers to manage their money and pay bills using innovative desktop, and mobile applications. The organization provides a start-up working environment, while having a proven business. This is a unique opportunity to join the Quicken software development team as it embarks on building cloud-based services that will drive the future of the business. It will be built using cutting-edge technologies, and hosted on industry leading cloud infrastructure.
Come join the Quicken Team as a Software Engineer II.
- Software Engineer II is a technical hands-on role. The responsibilities range from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
- Directly responsible for delivering scalable back-end/server code for Quicken cloud services and end-to-end responsibility from development to deployment.
- Consistently deliver high-quality shippable software to our customers, being part of our Agile development team.Technical design and implementation of production ready code, partnering closely with a cross-functional team (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, QA, Operations, and Business Partners).
- Passion for continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting edge technology and software paradigms. Also responsible for fostering this culture across the team.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience including a successful track record developing customer-facing SaaS/PaaS products.
- Excellent programming knowledge in core Java and J2EE.
- Knowledgeable in Services Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST services, XML, and JSON.
- Experience with Spring Framework is a plus.
- Understanding of O/R mapping concepts and tools (Hibernate, JPA).
- Knowledge of Databases/SQL (MySQL experience preferred).
- Exposure to AWS and/or other cloud platforms a plus.Excellent programming discipline: data structures, complexity analysis, object oriented principles, design patterns.
- Experience working with an Agile development team with rapid iterations. Ability to work well with others in a geographically distributed organization.
- Experience with API development and integration with 3rd-party services preferable.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with can-do attitude.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
We believe in giving our employees the benefits and perks to keep them happy and healthy. While our benefits vary by region, they are based on our belief that happy employees are successful employees. Whether its healthcare benefits, a 5% matching 401(k) Plan (US based employees), a gym subsidy, or unlimited snacks, we believe happy employees are successful employees.
Quicken values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Note: Quicken does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Quicken is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.