Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. We are going through a transformation with a renewed focus on product improvement, growth, and customer satisfaction. We are working on a strategy to deliver awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and web. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation and creativity, while being good to each other and having fun!
We’re looking for a seasoned Software Engineer Quality II to assess quality of our products and services, build automation assessment tools, and drive best quality practices through the organization.
- Work closely with developers and Product Manager within an agile team to deliver high quality products and services.
- Develop and execute test strategies to ensure quality releases of Quicken Mac desktop client
- influence, and drive quality and testability of Quicken software
- Actively participate in establishing project plans, estimating work and monitoring progress against milestones
- Help automate functional, integration and regression tests with XCUITest
- Communicate and coordinate testing with offshore and local teams.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes
- Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for application within the environment
- Solid knowledge of the iOS system, strong experience with testing iOS applications
- Experience with xCode and XCUITest
- Self-directed and self-motivated individual who takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process
- Experience with social, mobile, cloud/SaaS, big data, or analytics
- Always Be Learning: Experience with open source technologies—you’re prototyping and/or researching the up and coming technology and solution
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience