Quicken is the leading solution for personal finance management software. For over 30-years we have helped millions of people lead healthy financial lives. The way people interact with money is changing and we’re looking for someone who wants to help us redefine the way our customers approach personal finance in the future.
We’re looking for a seasoned Software Engineer Quality to assure our mobile products and services quality by working with Product, Development, and other members of the QA team. Your responsibilities will include daily estimation, planning, investigation, coordination, and test execution.
Quicken is a nationally recognized brand with a large active customer base. We are working towards an exciting future where our customers are able to access and manage their financial lives anywhere, anytime, and on any device. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation and creativity, while being good to each other and having fun!
- Perform various types of testing of our native mobile applications to ensure performance, usability, quality, submission readiness and hardware/software compatibility.
- Responsible for both Android and iOS platforms, perform tests on simulators and real devices.
- Test new features, updates, and bug fixes to ensure everything works according to requirements/design, perform regression testing.
- Test backend responses to make sure the mobile clients consume and display the data appropriately.
- Use documentation and networking tools to determine whether bugs are caused by the server or client.
- Identify and document clear steps to reproduce bugs and work with the team to prioritize bugs into releases.
- Collaborate closely with Developers, Designers, Product Managers to clarify inconsistencies between the spec and the outcome and ensure that the final product meets expectations.
- Communicate and coordinate testing with offshore and local teams.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes
- Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for application within the environment
- 3+ years professional experience testing, including both iOS and Android apps for a consumer-facing product
- Experience with XCode and Android Studio and proficient use of ADB commands.
- Experience maintaining and updating test plans/test suites in a fast-paced feature changing environment
- Experience testing features that are being A/B tested
- API expertise (REST) and how mobile devices communicate data to/from servers
- Ability to think outside of the box and beyond the obvious to uncover behind the scene type bugs
- Experience with defect tracking software (Jira)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent, self-starter, self-directed and self-motivated individual who takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
This is a contract role with the possibility of converting to full-time employment status.
Quicken is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.