Quicken is committed to helping people lead healthy financial lives. We’re reinvigorating our trusted brand to become the most used, most loved, and most effective personal finance software across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and web.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to be a key contributor developing cloudbased services that will drive the future of the business. You will join our small and dynamic Cloud Services team, using the latest technology and tools to build high-quality, cross-platform solutions that delight our customers. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation and creativity, while being good to each other and having fun.
Come make an impact on the technical future of Quicken!
• Staff Software Engineer is a technical hands-on role, with responsibilities ranging from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
• Directly responsible for consistently delivering scalable, production-ready back-end/server code in Java for Quicken Cloud Services, from design and development to deployment, as a member of an Agile development team.
• Partner closely with a cross-functional team of key stakeholders (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, QA, Operations, and Business Partners) to design and implement endto-end solutions that meet user needs as well as engineering/operational/business goals.
• Mentor junior developers using expertise in software development methodology and frameworks, in areas such as quality, security, and scalability.
• Display a passion for high quality, continuous learning, and experimenting and applying cutting-edge technology, software paradigms, and engineering process improvements, while fostering this culture across the team.
• 12+ years of software engineering experience, including a successful track record developing customer-facing SaaS/PaaS products.
• 5+ years working experience in core Java and Spring Framework, preferably with Spring Cloud Netflix.
• 3+ years working experience within microservice architecture, specifically utilizing REST services, XML, and JSON.
• Extensive experience in developing applications which are deployed in AWS. AWS experience is a big plus.
• Excellent understanding of O/R mapping concepts and tools (Hibernate, JPA).
• Strong experience as a leader, driving toward solutions for the short and long-term in collaboration with internal and external partners.
• Fluent in Databases/SQL (MySQL experience preferred).
• Excellent programming discipline: data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, and unit testing.
• Excellent knowledge of the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web/mobile applications.
• Team player with can-do attitude to independently own and drive projects.
• Capable of handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization and time management abilities.
• Strong experience working with an Agile development team with rapid iterations.
• Ability to work well with others in a geographically distributed team.
• Experience with API development and integration with 3rd-party services is preferred.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
What we offer:
• Competitive salary and performance bonus
• Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
• Customer-driven, we make money by building the best products for our users.
• Ability to work with and manage incredible talent
• Highly recognizable brand