Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. We are going through transformation with a renewed focus on product improvement, growth, and customer satisfaction. We are working on a strategy to deliver awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and web. The successful candidate will join a fast-paced software development team building the next generation of Quicken’s Web and eCommerce systems and applications. The team uses the latest software development technology and tools.
If you are looking to be part of a high-performing team at the heart of a fun, energetic, and innovative company, come join the Quicken Team! We welcome applicants located in the Bay Area or Tucson, Arizona. The role can be based in either of these Quicken offices.
This is an opportunity to be a highly visible and key contributor for a small and passionate team delivering innovative web solutions across the company. You’ll help shape and deliver on an aggressive and innovative roadmap in areas key to Quicken’s continued success and growth.
As a member of the Quicken product development organization, you will be expected to
- Develop semantically correct front end code.
- Develop user interactions on web pages.
- Develop back end website applications.
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensure responsiveness of applications.
- See through a project from conception to finished product.
- Work with APIs.
- Meet both technical and consumer needs.
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- 10+ years of hands-on development experience across different technology
- 5+ years of PHP development
- 5+ years of Front End development
- 3-5 years experience with content management systems (CMS)
- Experience working closely with multiple stakeholders, architects, Project Managers, UX designers and researchers, marketing, and engineering teams
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams across different time zones
- Expert knowledge of browser behavior, performance, compatibility and cross-browser issues
- Deep understanding of E2E web across all layers: HTTP/S, networks, databases, infrastructure, CDN, request/response, performance, redundancy, security, browsers, devices, encryption, compression, scaling, etc.
- Experience with version control (GIT)
- Experience and knowledge in web analytics, tracking, & instrumentation
- Experience and understanding of web testing & optimization
- Expert knowledge of security best practices and implementation
- Experience educating and mentoring junior front-end developers
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written whether in-person or virtual
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Deep understanding of good software architecture concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical disciplines, or equivalent experience
- Drupal 7 and/or 8 experience preferred
- Experience with web payment and billing systems preferred
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
- Customer-driven, we make money by building the best products for our users. No confusion about how to win – build amazing products!
- Ability to work with and manage incredible talent
- Highly recognizable brand