Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. We are going through transformation, as we recently completed the divestiture from Intuit, with a renewed focus on product improvement, growth, and customer satisfaction. We are working on a strategy to deliver awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and web. The successful candidate will join a fast-paced software development team building the next generation of Quicken’s Web and eCommerce systems and applications. The team uses the latest software development technology and tools.
If you are looking to be part of a high-performing team at the heart of a fun, energetic, and innovative company, come join the Quicken Team!
This is an opportunity to be a highly visible and key contributor for a small and passionate team delivering innovative web solutions across the company. You’ll help shape and deliver on an aggressive and innovative roadmap in areas key to Quicken’s continued success and growth.
As a member of the Quicken product development organization, you will develop and enforce best practices in front-end development while working with requirements from key stakeholders across the organization. You will participate in the planning, design, and implementation of features, working with small teams that consist of engineers, product managers, and UX designers. You will ensure the delivery of quality front-end solutions. You will demonstrate strong technical talent throughout the organization and engineer products that meet future scalability, performance, security, and quality goals while maintaining a cohesive user experience across different components and products. You will act as a subject matter expert for various departments within the company on modern front-end design and development. You will train and mentor junior members about best practices of software development methodology and frameworks in areas including UX/UI, front-end technology stacks, use of backend APIs and services, usability and quality testing.
- 10+ years of hands-on development experience across different technology stacks
- 3-5 years experience with content management systems (CMS)
- Extensive experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA)
- Experience in an architect role designing solutions and utilizing/defining best-practices
- Experience working closely with multiple stakeholders, architects, Project Managers, UX designers and researchers, marketing, and engineering teams
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams across different time zones
- Expert knowledge of browser behavior, performance, compatibility and cross-browser issues
- Deep understanding of E2E web across all layers: HTTP/S, networks, databases, infrastructure, CDN, request/response, performance, redundancy, security, browsers, devices, encryption, compression, scaling, etc.
- Experience with web payment and billing systems
- Experience and knowledge in web analytics, tracking, & instrumentation
- Experience and understanding of web testing, optimization, & testing
- Expert knowledge of security best practices and implementation
- Experience educating and mentoring junior front-end developers
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written whether in-person or virtual
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Deep understanding of good software architecture concepts
- Top-notch software development skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical disciplines, or equivalent experience
- Expert in PHP preferred
- Drupal 7 and/or 8 experience preferred
What we offer: