Quicken is committed to helping people lead healthy financial lives. We’re reinvigorating our business to become the most used, most loved personal finance software.
We’re looking for a technical content leader who can single handedly own our technical documentation strategy and execution, to join our product management team. You have the opportunity to join a team that is making history and making an impact.
- Single-handedly own the technical documentation for our web, mobile, windows and platform products
- Help us identify the right content management tool and move our entire technical documentation to a modern platform
- Take initiative to identify gaps in our technical documentation process / tools and drive it to closure
- Be able to operate both at strategic and tactical roles, being the single technical content writer of Quicken
- Review all new onscreen copy for grammar, spelling and adherence to Quicken style standards
- Update and maintain the in-product help system and getting started guides
- Copyedit all release notes
- Work with design team on new features—copy, introductory materials, on-boarding tours, etc.
- Collaborate with PM and Design on the creation/copying editing of content used in beta testing (task scripts and surveys)
- Creation of scripts for "How To” Videos
- Creation of other “How To” or “what’s new” content posted in the marketing site context
- Collaborate with Care on the copyediting and/or creation of FAQs and other customer-facing support content for new features, bug fixes and product enhancements as they are released
- Participate in periodic/ongoing customer empathy events (customer interviews, take support calls for a day, etc.) to gain a deep understanding of our customer base to help shape the voice and tone of the product and supporting content
- Work closely with the product team to understand expected product functionally—for both new and existing product features. This would include:
- Stay on top of release schedules to be able to proactively review tickets / stories on time to determine impact/changes needed to help system, support FAQ content, etc.
- Maintain HTML-based help system
- 8+ years of technical documentation experience with a successful track record in technical content writing role
- 3-5 years of experience of playing a strategic role in identifying gaps in technical product management process of an organization there by driving change
- Basic HTML markup skills required
- Operates independently and efficiently to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and successfully, without sacrificing attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability in identifying an ideal content management tool for the organization and migrating from old to new platform, is a plus
- Exceptional project management, and organizational skills
- Work well within cross-functional organizations and has proven experience driving end to end customer programs and working collaboratively with internal and external teams
- Strong creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree
Quicken is excited to be building a team of innovative and talented people that are dedicated to helping people improve their financial lives. We believe in giving our employees the benefits and perks to keep them happy and healthy. Whether it’s generous healthcare benefits, a 5% matching 401(k) Plan, a gym subsidy, or unlimited snacks, we believe happy employees are successful employees. (Benefits and perks may vary based on location.) Come join our Quicken team!
Quicken is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.