We’re looking for an experienced technology leader to be a key contributor to cloud-based services that will drive the future of the business. You will have an opportunity to work with a dynamic Cloud Services team building next generation inTech platform deployed on AWS cloud platform with latest and greatest technology and tools using Microservices architecture.
Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software in US & Canada with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. We are working on a strategy to deliver awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Web, Mobile, Windows and Mac. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation and creativity, while being good to each other and having fun!
If this excites you, come make an impact on the technical future of Quicken!
As a Tech Lead:
- Be a hands-on developer
- Directly responsible for consistently delivering scalable, production-ready back-end/server code in Java for Quicken Cloud Services, from design and development to deployment, as a member of an Agile development team.
- Partner closely with a cross-functional team of key stakeholders (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, QA, Operations, and Business Partners) to design and implement end-to-end solutions that meet user needs as well as engineering/operational/business goals.
- Mentor developers using expertise in software development methodology and frameworks, in areas such as quality, security, and scalability. Conduct design and code reviews.
- Display a passion for high quality, continuous learning, and experimenting and applying cutting-edge technology, software paradigms, and engineering process improvements, while fostering this culture across the team.
As a Manager:
- Lead a small group of smart and experienced cloud engineers
- Strong leadership qualities. Leads from the front balancing the priorities of customers, employees, and shareholders.
- Hire, grow, and retain the right talent for the organization. Able to lead the individual contributors. Conduct 1/1s, set goals & monitor progress, mentor & coach
- Partner with Business, Technology, and other stakeholders to prioritize engineering roadmap & requirement, while balancing business need with resource and technology constraints.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately to multiple stakeholders on project progress, schedule, resourcing, constraints, and risks. Drive trade-offs and decisions involving the right stakeholders.
- Contribute to other technology teams, beyond assigned areas of responsibility, especially during critical situations.
- Be open to new ideas and embrace change that can lead to better outcomes.
- Leader of the team - ensure team members are engaged, motivated, and committed to the organization.
- Successful track record of delivering high quality software products.
- 10+ years of hands-on-experience building complex software products
- 2 – 3 years of experience managing software engineering teams
- Experience in managing projects, time lines, backlog, discussing trade-offs with PMs
- Technical skills: Java, Spring, Python, RDBMS like MySQL, NoSQL
- Experience with AWS cloud deployments
- Experience in team performance management - conduct 1/1s, set goals & monitor progress, mentor & coach
- Very effective communication skills, both written and verbal. Can communicate at multiple levels, including in a geographically distributed environment.
- Good project management skills – planning, scheduling, risk management, and resource allocation.
- Strong business acumen – able to solve for customer while balancing technology requirements.
- BTech/MTech in Computer Science or equivalent.