Quicken is the leading solution for personal finance management software. For over 30 years, we have helped millions of people take control of their financial lives.
While Quicken Inc. is known for its flagship product Quicken, the company has invested in and is now delivering cloud-based clients (mobile, web/React) on a modern Fintech platform (Quicken Cloud Services). Our platform has been built from the ground up and leverages state-of-the-art, cloud-based microservices. We continue to innovate in our development of advanced connectivity solutions, integrated financial services, and machine learning/AI initiatives—all aimed at furthering our mission of being the intelligent platform at the center of our customers’ financial lives.
We are in search of a Technical Product Manager to join our Product team for Integrated Financial Services (IFS). If you like to work with business stakeholders to understand and help shape their needs and translate them to technical requirements for engineering teams leading to their successful implementation, then this would be your role. In this position, you will have the opportunity to impact the company’s new business initiative to offer customers financial services in terms of payment and money movement. It is in the early stages, providing the scope for new exciting, and innovative ideas that can transform our customers.
You will interact with the IFS business leaders and Product Managers to understand their requirements and work with the IFS engineering team on their successful implementation. Your primary role will be to consolidate the business/functional requirements and translate them into a prioritized list of technical requirements for the engineering team to work on. You will be the primary contact person for the business stakeholders for their needs from the engineering team. You will need to facilitate communication between two time zones whereby the business stakeholders are based out of our California USA office, and the engineering work will be mostly out of our Bangalore India development center.
This role requires the right mix of business and technical skills to be an effective conduit between business stakeholders and engineering teams. You should be able to handle multiple competing priorities and make the right trade-offs. You are good at influencing others and can lead cross-functional initiatives. You leverage data for analyzing issues leading to the right resolutions.
- Interact with the business leaders and Product Managers to understand their requirements for payment and money movement capabilities
- Create technical priorities and requirements from above for the engineering team towards development of cloud microservices
- Work closely with the Cloud services engineering manager and technical architect for the execution of the work and ensure releases happen in a timely manner
- Work with QA to ensure high-quality output and have effective mechanisms in place to resolve quality-related issues
- Verify engineering output with business stakeholders for accuracy and work for resolution of any discrepancy
- Provide visibility of the engineering work to business stakeholders and in turn communicate their feedback to engineering
- Coordinate work with other engineering teams, example being Client apps, that will consume the cloud microservices
- Maintain effective cross-team communication and collaboration, factoring in time zone differences for globally distributed teams
- Contribute to the roadmap and backlog of the engineering teams using your understanding of business requirements
- Identify cross-team dependencies in a timely manner, and ensure they are planned for
- Understand the technical implementation by working directly with the engineering team—dig in and ask questions to understand the full impact of technology changes
- 12+ years of experience with 5+ years in product and project management
- Strong understanding of cloud microservices and experience working with such technologies
- Experience in the payments/fintech domain will be a big plus
- Knowledge of regulated financial services is a bonus
- Experience with AWS technologies a plus
- Able to communicate in both business and technical language and can bridge the gap wherever necessary
- A successful track record of shipping product features to both external and internal customers
- Experience with Agile software development processes like Scrum and Kanban
- Outstanding prioritization skills with the ability to make the right trade-offs
- Good at using data to determine the severity of an issue and use that to drive the right resolution
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can iteratively find answers to problems
- Can influence and drive cross-geo teams in different time zones, promoting timely and effective communication
- Able to gain the respect of top-tier engineering teams.
- A multi-tasker who can manage to stay on top of multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
- Ability to work with and manage incredible talent
- Highly recognizable brand
Quicken is excited to be building a team of innovative and talented people that are dedicated to helping people improve their financial lives. We believe in giving our employees the benefits and perks to keep them happy and healthy. Whether it’s generous healthcare benefits, a 5% matching 401(k) Plan, a gym subsidy, or unlimited snacks, we believe happy employees are successful employees. (Benefits and perks may vary based on location.) Come join our Quicken team!
Quicken is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.