Account Does Not Reconcile After reconciling Month Prior
When you began the reconciliation process, did the opening balance in Quicken's Reconcile Bank Statement window match your bank statement?
- Yes, my opening balance is correct.
- No, my opening balance is wrongIn this case, a register entry related to a reconciled transaction has changed. You may have:
- Inadvertently changed or deleted a previously reconciled transaction. Once a transaction is reconciled, its reconciled status should not be changed.
- Entered a new transaction in the register and marked it reconciled in the Clr column without going through the reconciliation process.
- Marked an existing transaction as reconciled in the Clr column without going through the reconciliation process. Your reconciliation's opening balance is not the same as the opening balance entry in your register. Your reconciliation's opening balance is the sum of all reconciled transactions in the register. Any change to the reconciled status of any transaction in your register changes your reconciliation's opening balance.