Add a new category from Quicken's preset lists
When your circumstances change (for example, if you become a parent), Quicken makes it easy to add appropriate categories from its preset category lists.
- Choose Tools menu > Category List.
- At bottom left of the window, click Options > Manage Categories.
- In the Available Categories drop-down list, select the specific list that you want to add a category from (for example, Standard, or Investment).
- Within the list, click the category you want to add.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 as needed.
- When you've added all the categories you want, click OK.
Categories you select are moved to the Categories to Add list. If you select a subcategory, Quicken moves its parent category as well. If you change your mind, select the categories that you don't want from the Categories to Add list and click Remove.