Adding Dividend Income in Quicken for Mac
Use the Dividend Income sheet to record a dividend received to your investing view. As the dividend income is a distribution of a portion of earnings to the shareholders, it will be added to your cash balance.
To record the reinvested dividends, use the Reinvest Dividend sheet.
To record dividend income
- Open the account you want to use.
- Click the New button from the toolbar.
- Select Income > Dividend from the tRansaction Types list.
- Add the information for:
- Date - Enter the date of payment or deposit.
- Security - Select the security for the dividend income that you want to record.
- Devidend - Enter the amount of dividend income.
- Memo - Enter the note you want to associate with the transaction.
- Tags - Enter the tags that you want to use while searching the transaction.
- To add an attachment to the transaction, select Attachments, click the Add attachment button, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click Save when you are done.