Adding Interest Income in Quicken for Mac
Use the Interest Income transaction to record any interest received.
As the interest income is a cash distribution of interest to the shareholders, it will be added to your cash balance.
To record interest income
- Select the account you want to use from the sidebar.
- Click the New button from the toolbar.
- Select Income > Interest from the Transaction Types list.
- Add the information for:
- Date - Enter the date of payment or deposit.
- Security - Seelct the security for the dividend income that you want to record.
- Interest - Enter the amount of interest income.
- Memo - Enter the note you want to associate with the transaction.
- Tags - Enter the tags that you want to use while searching the transaction.
- To add an attachment to the transaction, select Attachments, click the Add attachment button, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click Save when you are done.