Adding Miscellaneous Expenses in Quicken for Mac
Use the Miscellaneous Expense transaction type to record an expense associated with this security or account, but not directly related to the price of securities being purchased (such as broker's fees, mutual fund management fees, and so on). You can categorize this transaction.
To record any miscellaneous expense
- Open the account you want to use.
- Click the New button from the toolbar.
- Select Miscellaneous Expense from the Transaction Types list.
- Add the information for:
- Date - Enter the date when the miscellaneous expense was incurred.
- Security - Select the security for which you want to add the expenses. If the security is not appearing in the list of securities, select Edit Securities to add the payee.
- Amount - Enter the amount paid towards the expense.
- Category - Select a category of the expense. Default is uncategorized.
- Memo - Enter the note you want to associate with the transaction.
- Tags - Enter the tags that you want to use while searching the transaction.
- To add an attachment to the transaction, select Attachments, click the Add attachment button, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click Save when you are done.
Note: Recording a transaction in Quicken does not execute a real-world trade, transfer, or other transaction. Contact your broker to execute trades or transfers.