Adding Miscellaneous Income in Quicken for Mac
Use the Miscellaneous income transaction to record income related to a holding that is not a dividend, interest payment, or capital gain distribution. This income will be added to your cash balance.
To record any miscellaneous income
- Select the account you want to use from the sidebar.
- Click the New button from the toolbar.
- Select Income > Miscellaneous from the Transaction Types list.
- Add the information for:
- Date - Enter the date when the miscellaneous income was incurred.
- Security - Select the security for which you want to add the income. If the security is not appearing in the list of securities, select the Edit Securities to add the payee.
- Amount - Enter the miscellaneous income received.
- Category - Select a category of the expense. Default is uncategorized.
- Memo - Enter the note you want to associate the transaction.
- Tags - Enter the tags that you want to use while searching the transaction.
- To add an attachment to the transaction, select Attachments, click the Add attachment button, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click Save when you are done.
Note: Recording a transaction in Quicken does not execute a real-world trade, transfer, or other transaction. Contact your broker to execute trades or transfers.