Adding Stock Dividend in Quicken for Mac
Use the Stock Dividend sheet to record a dividend in the form of additional shares instead of cash. Unlike cash dividends (or reinvested cash dividends), most stock dividends are nontaxable. The company issuing the stock dividend will inform you whether it is taxable.
To record a stock dividend
- Open the account you want to use.
- Click the New button from the toolbar.
- Select Stock Dividend from the Transaction Types list.
- Add the information for:
- Date - Enter the date when you received stock dividend.
- Security - Select the security for which you received the stock dividend.
- Number of Shares - Enter the number of shares issued per share. For example, if you received 0.05 share per existing share, you would enter .05.
- Memo - Enter the note you want to associate with the transaction.
- Tags - Enter the tags that you want to use while searching the transaction.
- To add an attachment to the transaction, select Attachments, click the Add attachment button, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click Save when you are done.