"The application Quicken quit unexpectedly" when updating from financial institution
Symptom: The message The application Quicken quit unexpectedly appears when you update your financial institution information.
This error can be caused by damaged permissions or damage to your data file.
To determine if your data file is damaged, troubleshoot the issue in a new file:
- Hold down the Option key while opening Quicken. The application opens without opening a data file.
- Close the Open windows by clicking Cancel.
- Select the File menu in Quicken and select New > File. Follow on-screen instructions to create a new data file.
- Work in this new file to see if Quicken quits unexpectedly.
- If Quicken does not quit unexpectedly, then your original data file is damaged. You'll need to troubleshoot your data file.
- If Quicken quits unexpectedly in the new file, proceed with the steps below to verify your Disk Permissions.
Verify your Disk Permissions:
- Open your Hard Drive and open the Applications folder.
- Find the Utilities folder and open it.
- Find the Disk Utility icon and open it.
- Select your disk.
- Click Repair Disk Permissions.
- Try to open Quicken.