.NET Installation Failed While Installing Quicken
Learn what to do if the .NET installation fails while installing Quicken.
There are two options for resolving this issue.
Option 1 (recommended): Go to Microsoft article 'How to fix MSI software update registration corruption issues'
- Navigate to Microsoft knowledgebase article 971187.
- Why are you asking me to go to Microsoft's website to fix Quicken?In some cases, part of .Net needs to be repaired in order to install Quicken. .Net is an aspect of Microsoft Windows which necessary to install applications, such as Quicken. If there are problems with Windows components, like .NET, the best support available is Microsoft.
- Why are you asking me to go to Microsoft's website to fix Quicken?
- Go to the Fix it for me section and follow the instructions.
Option 2: Manually install .NET from your CD and reinstall Quicken
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Open Disk1 folder on your Quicken CD.
- For Quicken 2014 or newer: Run dontNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe.
- For Quicken 2013 or older: Run dotnetfx20.exe.
- Reinstall Quicken.
If Quicken installation continues to report a problem with installing .NET Framework or its components, the best support option is Microsoft Support, system manufacturer, local technician or system/network administrator.