Buying Bonds in Quicken for Mac
Use this transaction types to record bonds bought.
- Open the account you want to use.
- Click the Next buttom from the toolbar.
- Select Buy Bonds from the Transaction Types list.
- Add these details:
- Date - Enter the date of purchase. This is important if you want to track complete investment performance and tax information.
- Bond Description - Select name of the bond from the drop-down list.
- Face Value - Enter the fave value (par value) of the bonds purchased.
- Price - Enter the per $100.
- Commission - Enter the amount paid towards commission. Based on the amount entered as commission, principal/cost basis is adjusted.
- Memo - Enter the note you want to associate with the transaction.
- Tags - Enter the tags that you want to use while searching the transaction.
- To add an attachment, select attachments, click the Add attachment buttom, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click Save when you are done.