Can I delete error messages from the One Step Update Summary?
Once an error occurs, the error remains on the summary window until a successful connection is made for the item in question.
If you would like to manually remove the error message
The following steps will remove all messages from One Step Update Summary. The One Step Update Summary will continue to be shown, even when the Show Only When There's An Error checkbox is marked, so long as there continues to be an error.
- Right-click the Windows Start button, and then choose Explore. If you have WIndows 8, navigate to your Desktop then click the folder icon on the taskbar.
- Browse to the following log file location
- Windows XP = C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Quicken\Inet
- Windows 7, 8, or Vista = C:\Program Data\Intuit\Quicken\Inet
- Open the folder that has the same name as your Quicken file OR has a string of numbers & letters.
- Rename runtime.dat to runtime.old (or delete it entirely)
- Launch Quicken, check the One Step Update Settings before performing an update to ensure that valid accounts are selected, then perform a One Step Update.