Change Your Intuit ID Password (Quicken for Windows)
Important: If you need to reset your password because you're having problems signing into Quicken with your Intuit ID (ex: "Hmm. That didn't work."), you can find help for this by clicking here.
After you've set up your Quicken desktop software, you might want to change your Intuit ID password. Changing your password from time to time is a good security measure.
1. Go to the Edit menu then select Preferences.
2. In the left pane, click Intuit ID, Mobile & Alerts. Select Update your Intuit Profile information in the middle of the right pane.
3. Sign in using your Intuit ID and password.
4. You may be prompted for security code verification. If so, choose the method to have the code sent through and click Continue. Enter the code on the next screen.
5. Next, you'll see your profile information. Click the Security tab on the left then select Edit next to the password.
6. Enter the new password. Confirm the new password. Enter your current password.
Note: The password should have 8 or more characters, upper case and lower case letters (e.g. Aa), a number (e.g. 1234) and a symbol (e.g. !@#$).
7. Click Save (you will see Updated next to the password). Click Exit.
Note: Remember to make the same change on all of the mobile devices that you want to sync with this data file.