Change your mobile account settings
After you've set up your Quicken desktop software, you might want to make changes to the accounts that are synced with your mobile devices. Here's how:
1. Click the Mobile & Alerts tab.
2. Click [edit account settings].
3. If prompted, enter your password. Depending on how you've set things up, this may either be your Password Vault password, or your Intuit ID password.
4. In the Edit Account Settings dialog, select or de-select the accounts you want to sync with your mobile devices and receive alerts for.
5. Click Update Accounts to save your changes.
- What happens during a sync?
• When you sync, you transfer your Quicken data to and from your mobile devices.
• Here's how it works: if you enter or download transactions into your Quicken desktop software, syncing will copy them to your mobile device(s); if you enter or download transactions into your mobile device, syncing will copy them to your Quicken desktop software.
• Data moves in both directions—between your desktop and mobile device. Anywhere you have new data, Quicken figures out which device needs that data, and moves it where it needs to be. This includes additions and changes to the accounts you choose to sync, the transactions you download or enter manually, and the budget in your desktop software.
• At the end of a sync everything will match: transactions, balances, and budget results, regardless of where you choose to view your data.
• If you use multiple mobile devices, those devices will be always in sync with each other. For example, if you enter a transaction on one mobile device, the transaction will automatically appear on your other mobile devices that use the same Intuit ID. There is no need to sync one mobile device with another mobile device—only your Quicken desktop software needs to be synced with your mobile device(s).
- Why aren't all my accounts listed?
Only your spending accounts—checking, savings, cash, and credit card—can be synced with your mobile device and used for alerts. Investing accounts (excluding linked checking), and foreign currency (non-U.S. Dollar) accounts cannot be used with Quicken for mobile at this time.
For more information, see:
Using Quicken on your phone or tablet
Adding a spending account