Connecting to Capital One 360 Accounts in Quicken
Due to enhanced security measures, Capital One 360 accounts require a Personal Finance Access Code to access an account via Quicken (or any other personal finance management tool). The Access Code is different from the Capital One 360 password you normally use to access your account on the Capital One 360 website.
What is a Personal Finance Access Code?
It’s a code generated by Capital One 360 that allows you to sign in to personal financial management tools. You’ll use this Access Code as your Password along with your Username (Saver ID)/Customer Number.
By using an Access Code, your sign-in information remains private and you prevent anyone from transacting on your account(s).
Note: The access code is required just for Capital One 360 accounts and is not required for Capital One Credit Card or non-360 accounts.
How do I find my Capital One 360 Access Code?
In order to connect your Capital One 360 account to Quicken, you will need to set up an access code. Here's how:
- Sign in to your Capital One 360 account via your web browser.
- Select View account on your Capital One 360 account*.
- Select Account Services & Settings.
- Select Get Access Code.
- You may see a message that says, “please wait while we direct you to the intended page...” Wait for the page to load or click Go to Destination.
- You will now be on the Access Code tab:
- If you see a 12-digit number next to Access Code, then use that number instead of your password when connecting your account in Quicken.
- If you do not see an existing Access Code or the word “blocked”, click the Create New Code button. This will generate an Access Code which you can use as your Password along with your Username (Saver ID)/Customer Number to connect your account to Quicken.
* Note: If you do not see the “View Account” or “Account Services & Settings” option after signing in to your account on the Capital One 360 website, you may be using a non-Capital One 360 account, such as a Capital One credit card that does not require an Access Code. Or, you may be using an older version of the Capital One 360 website. See this FAQ from Capital One for information on using their older site.
How do I use the Access Code to add my Capital One 360 account to Quicken?
Add your Capital One 360 account just as you would any other account.
However, instead of using your Capital One 360 password, use your Access Code when signing in.
If you encounter an error when attempting to connect with your Access Code the first time, try to add your account again. We are working closely with Capital One to further improve the experience of downloading your information into Quicken.