Discrepancy in Investment Calculations or Reports
If you see unexpected results or apparent discrepancies in investment calculations or reports, Quicken can recalculate all the transactions in an investment transaction list. Follow this procedure when you see unexpected results in investment calculations or reports.
Before you start
If you think you see unexpected results in an investment report, check the report settings to make sure you have not accidentally customized the report to exclude some securities or accounts. For more information about customizing reports, in Quicken choose Help menu > Contents.
Caution: If the recalculation finds missing or damaged lot information for Sell transactions, it will automatically assign lots on a First In First Out (FIFO) basis. If you used a different basis for assigning lots, you may get better results by deleting and then reentering your Sell transactions for the security in question.
In order to avoid possible data loss or data corruption, don't perform this procedure in your original data file. Make a copy and use the copy.
- Copy the file and then open the new copy.
- Choose Tools menu > Account List.
- In the Account List, double-click the investment account in question. If it is already highlight, click on Go To Register.
- If it is not already open, click the Transactions tab at the top of the account.
- Press Ctrl+Z on your keyboard. If nothing seems to happen, then change your Quicken keyboard settings:
- Choose Edit menu > Preferences, and then choose Quicken Program.
- In the left pane, click Setup.
- Under Keyboard Mappings, for Use for Ctrl-Z/X/C/V choose Quicken Standard.
- Click OK.
- Return to step 2.
- When Quicken prompts you to recalculate transactions, click OK.
Note: This may take a few minutes. To see if the recalculation process is still in progress, look in the Date field. If the Date field is blinking, then Quicken is still recalculating the transaction list.
- Quicken may display a message identifying securities that have been recalculated. Click OK to any messages.
- Check the original investment calculations or reports to see whether the discrepancies were successfully resolved.
If this procedure does not solve the problem, see Advanced troubleshooting to correct data file damage.