Duplicate Transactions or Ticker Symbol Changed For Stock Options
After 1/31/10, you may experience one of the following issues affecting your stock options:
- Duplicate securities with different ticker symbols.
- Duplicate transactions with different security names
The industry standard for how investment Financial Institutions provide stock options downloads has changed.
You should contact your financial institution for assistance with resolving this issue.
- If your stock options are no longer updating prices, your ticker symbol may have changed, and will require you to change the ticker symbol. To edit your ticker symbol:
- From the Quicken Investing menu, choose Security List.
- Select the security in question, and then click Edit.
- Verify that the correct ticker symbol is entered in the Symbol field.
- For additional information about the ticker symbol, click Look Up.
- Try to download the quotes.
- If you have duplicate transactions with different security names for your options, you will need to edit all prior transactions that used the prior security name to the new downloaded security name. To do this, please use the following steps:
- Open the Security Detail View for the original stock option.
- On the Security Detail View window, double click on the first transaction listed in the transaction history list. This will open the Edit Transaction window.
- In the Security Name drop down field, choose the new downloaded security name, and click Enter/Done.
- Repeat these steps for all transactions in the history list
- Delete the original security from the Security List
- From the Security list, double click the new security to open the Security Detail view, and verify that all prior transaction have been moved to the new security.