Editing Online Payee Information
Important: This FAQ refers to Quicken Bill Pay, a service that will be discontinued on August 31st, 2020. Our new service, Quicken Bill Manager, is now available for paying your bills directly from Quicken. For more information about switching to Quicken Bill Manager, click here.
You can use the Quicken program or the Quicken Bill Pay website to edit online payee information such as nickname and address. However, you cannot edit a payee's name or account number.
If you need to edit the name or account number, you must create a new payee with the new name or account number. After all outstanding payments to the old payee name have been processed, you can delete the old payee.
If a payee has payments in process or scheduled, you must cancel all pending and scheduled payments before you can edit that payee.
Editing a payee using the Quicken program
- Select the Tools menu, then Online Payee List.
- Select the desired payee and click Edit at the top of the Online Payee List.
- Make the desired changes, and then click OK.
- Verify that the changes are correct and click Accept. To make further corrections, click Cancel.
- Click Update to send the payee change to Quicken Bill Pay. Be sure that you send this change before you make a payment to the edited payee.
Editing a payee using the Quicken Bill Pay website
Log in to the Quicken Bill Pay site with your user ID and password.
Click the Payee Setup tab.
Select the desired payee name.
Click Change information, and make the desired changes.
When you are finished, click Save Changes.