Enter information about future loans
Click New to add a loan, or select an existing loan and click Edit to change the information about it.
- Remember, this is a loan in the future. Enter your best guess for items such as the opening date, the loan length, the amount borrowed, and the interest rate.
- The loan amount for a future loan is added to your income in the year you take the loan out. This income is automatically used to fund expenses in that year but not in subsequent years. The loan payments are treated as expenses over the life of the loan.
- On this screen, don't enter either of the following:
- Loan accounts where you lend money to others. These should be added in the Other Income dialog.
- Leases. These should be added in the Living Expenses or Special Expenses dialogs.
Return to Get started with the Lifetime Planner.