Error 2259 When Using Quicken Online Backup: Registration Not Complete
This error occurs if the installation was unable to write to the registry correctly or if incorrect registration information was entered into the application.
- Navigate to the location where Quicken Online Backup is installed. The default location is C:\Program Files\Online Backup.
- Run personalizeregistry.exe or backupsettings.exe.
- Enter the Quicken Online Backup account ID and password.
- Attempt to use Quicken Online Backup.
If the error persists:
- Uninstall Quicken Online Backup.
- Restart your computer.
- Log on as Administrator.
- Reinstall Quicken Online Backup:
- Windows XP: Follow the instructions in reinstalling Quicken Online Backup.
- Windows® VistaTM or Windows 7:
- Download the program to your desktop.
- Right-click the program and select Run as Administrator.
- Follow the installation steps.