Error When Converting From Quicken for Windows to Quicken for Mac: Invalid QIF header
You may receive the following message while attempting to convert Quicken for Windows to Quicken for Mac:
Invalid QIF header
- Select File menu > Export.
- Click on the option QIF.
- On the QIF Export window, click Browse.
- Enter the file name Category List.QIF, navigate to Desktop to store the file, and click OK.
- For creating Accounts.QIF, Securities.QIF, and Transactions.QIF, read Converting Quicken for Windows files to Quicken for Mac
- Minimize Quicken, then right click.
- Open the QIF file with the notepad and change the word TAG to CAT.
- Select File menu > Save. Now, move the QIF file on Mac and import it in the new Quicken data file.